Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Book review: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

The thirtieth book I read in 2015 is The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It's been a long time since I read a bestseller while it was still on the bestseller list; the last one was probably The Help (although Jennifer sent me that one, so it may have been after it was off the bestseller list; if so, you'd probably have to go back to Deathly Hallows).

It was pretty good; kept me guessing who the killer might be.  It was about page 240-something before it became clear who the bad guy was, and even then, I couldn't denigrate the protagonist for not clueing in, as the reader has more information than she does.

I believe I've read that the film rights have already been claimed.  Can't wait to see what starlet Hollywood casts as "sad, fat Rachel."  Scarlett Johanssen?  Jennifer Lawrence?   :P


No comments:

Blog Archive