Saturday, November 12, 2011

Playing favorites

A page in Faith's grammar workbook on capitalization (of titles, to be specific) asked for her favorite book and movie.  She wrote that Dinosaurs Before Dark is her favorite book, although I think it's really The Boxcar Children, and that "Doctor Who" was her favorite movie.  (Technically, it's a TV show rather than a movie, but she only watches it on DVD so I can understand the mistake.)  She asked what my favorite book and movie were.  The Count of Monte Cristo was an easy pick for favorite book, but I had a hard time coming up with a favorite movie.  I finally said "The Cutting Edge."  Although it's hardly in the same league with Monte Cristo artistically, it's the movie I can sit down and watch almost any time and thoroughly enjoy even though I know exactly what's going to happen and in fact have most of it memorized.  I'd say it's a guilty pleasure, except that I don't feel at all guilty about liking it.  Now I want to go watch it now, actually....

No comments:

Blog Archive