Thursday, April 14, 2011

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them

We spent our evenings this week watching the special extended edition of The Lord of the Rings. The kids have seen the Veggie Tales parody many times; after they watched it this weekend, Tommy told Faith it was based on another story, and she insisted she wanted to watch it.

Considering it runs 12 hours with all the deleted scenes, I really didn't think she'd stick with it, but she loved it -- all the fighting and the battle scenes. When we finally got to the end of the 6th disk tonight, she wanted to start over with the first one again tomorrow! I got out my old copy of The Hobbit, and she's all excited to start reading it after she finishes Little House on the Prairie. I don't know if she can make it through all the small print and lack of pictures, but we'll see. She's already surprised me once.

No comments:

Blog Archive