Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear "Chuck," please stop jerking around my 8-year-old. Thank you.

So I was online today when the news that "Chuck" has apparently been renewed for a fifth season came across the wire. Which, yay and all, but I followed the link to the "season finale intel" and read...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

...this quote from the executive producer: "Once you see how our season finale works there should be a degree of doubt. It’s structured in such a way that we don’t know if Chuck and Sarah are going to get together in the end."

Seriously, show? After all the will-they-won't-they and all the build-up, you still don't want to let them just get married already? Faith's already been reduced to tears twice this season, once when Sarah wouldn't let Chuck propose because she was going away undercover, and again at the end of this week's episode when it looked like she was going to be killed at the rehearsal dinner.

Again, TV veteran here: As long as the show is hoping for a renewal, there's no way they're going to kill off the female lead. But, knowing that, I reassured Faith that everything would be okay next week. Now, reading Chris Fedak's comment, I'm going to have to find a way to keep her from watching the finale until I know if it's going to leave her traumatized until next September or January.

No comments:

Blog Archive