Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer vacation

The season finales of "Chuck" and "Castle" both aired tonight.  Those are the only two shows we watch, so I'm looking forward to not having to watch any TV until the fall.  For the past few months, we've been paying Netflix to not watch DVDs, as I have had neither the time nor the inclination to sit down and commit to two hours of screen time at the end of the day.

I've found I have the time to get everything done in a day that needs to get done.  The problem is the backlog of things I keep meaning to get around to doing and haven't yet.  I can handle, for example, Monday's to-do list, but by the time I get to the end of it, I don't have the time or energy to tackle all the things I should have taken care of at some point in the past or things I would like to do but are not immediately pressing.  That explains all the people  to whom I owe e-mails, thank-you notes, and/or birthday cards, as well as the reason why Faith asked me a few weeks ago why there were baby pictures of her hanging on our walls but none of Eric: I have the photos -- I even have some of them already framed -- I just haven't actually hung anything on the wall in the last four years. 

No comments:

Blog Archive