Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas cards

When I was a child, my parents used to display the Christmas cards they received on strings around the doorways of the living room and den and across the beams of the ceiling.  Our house doesn't have exposed ceiling beams or molding around the doorways so I spent a few years trying to figure out something to do with the Christmas cards we receive, other than just put them in a stack where no one can see them.

Several years ago, I saw one of these on Amazon and thought it might be just what I was looking for.  They're made for photos, but they work even better for cards.  I filled two of them this year, using one as a centerpiece for the table and the other (just barely visible in the background above) on a side table.  All the pretty cards and family photos are visible and accessible, easy to flip through and spin around, and it's much more decorative than a stack of cards on a table somewhere.  They've even got a big floor-standing version that you could use as a Christmas tree to put presents under if you live in a loft and are all chic and avant-garde.

No comments:

Blog Archive